The first day of BizzCon 2011 was full of surprises for the WoW community as Blizzard announced their newest expansion to follow up Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria. With a new expansion comes a new playable race, the Pandarens. For those who do not know who they are, they are a race of kung fu panda bears. Yes, bamboo eating pandas that know kung fu.
This race was only once seen in Warcraft III and now are being brought back after the events of the Cataclysm. While exploring the new land of Pandaria, players will be happy to know that the level cap will be raised to 90, have new content, group scenarios, challenges and much more.
"Players have been asking to see the pandaren in World of Warcraft since the game's launch, and we're excited to finally be able to give them a proper re-introduction to Azeroth. In addition to the new playable race and class, Mists of Pandariacontains a huge amount of new content, and we're looking forward to sharing more information about all of it at BlizzCon and beyond" states Mike Morhaime , CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment in the press release sent out. Also here's a more detailed list of what players can expect to see in the new expansion:
- New Playable Race -- Pandaren: Adventure through Azeroth as World of Warcraft's first neutral race and decide whether to side with the Alliance or the Horde.
- New Playable Class -- Monk: Unlock the secrets of pandaren martial arts and do battle as a damage dealer, healer, or tank.
- Level Cap Increased to 90: Learn potent new spells and abilities while exploring uncharted zones and taking on challenging new content.
- New Zones: Explore the lush Jade Forest , treacherous Kun-Lai Summit, and other exotic areas of Pandaria designed for high-level characters, and uncover the mystery of the Wandering Isle.
- Scenarios: Join up with some friends to achieve a common goal, such as mounting a defense against invading monsters, in a flexible new type of PvE challenge.
- Dungeon "Challenge" Modes: Master the ultimate five-player time trial to earn prestige rewards in a new dungeon mode that will put your resolve and coordination to the test.
- Pet Battles: Challenge other players' companion pets with your own collection in a new tactical mini-game, and find out who's king or queen of the pint-sized battlefield.
- New Talent System: Customize your character to suit your play style with the newly overhauled and improved talent system.
If that wasn't enough, it also has been reported that those who sign up for a new annual subscription plan, players will receive a free copy of their other highly anticipated RPG Diablo III. There is no word of a release date for the expansion, but it is easy to speculate that it might coinside with the release of Diablo III next year.