With the beta for the PS4 version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn already starting, Square Enix have went ahead and released the update 2.16 patch notes.
Now there is so much that the patch notes detail that it would be quite too long for a single post. Instead we'll take a look at what has been fixed and what bugs are still persistent in update 2.16. First up is a list of the changes that have been made in update patch 2.16:
- An issue wherein the recast timer for additional skills reset when changing classes in town.
- An issue wherein damage from certain attacks affected the display of HP in the party member list.
- An issue wherein the stats displayed in pet action help text were affected by player parameters.
- An issue wherein a pet's actions were canceled if its battle stance was changed while moving.
- An issue wherein the skills Esuna and Leeches did not remove the effects of Wind Bite or Phantom Dart.
- An issue wherein enemies appeared before system information was displayed during certain battlecraft leves.
- An issue wherein spawning animations did not display for enemies during certain grand company leves.
- An issue wherein enemies did not receive the reduced HP effect when spawned during certain grand company leves.
- An issue wherein text did not appear on screen during certain grand company leves.
- An issue wherein details of the item initially selected in the Gear Set Viewer interface did not appear.
- An issue with the /marking text command wherein the Signs window would close when using an incorrect sign name or incorrect target.
- An issue wherein icons did not display correctly in the Duty List for Tradecraft leves.
- An issue wherein certain pet action icons did not display properly using the /macroicon text command.
- * When using pet action icons, the pet name can be omitted from the text command. However, when multiple pets use the same action, such as Eos and Selene using Embrace, please specify the pet name to distinguish between multiple pets. (Example: /macroicon Embrace pet Selene)
- An issue wherein the help text for certain actions and status effects did not display properly.
While things might have look fixed, there are still some bugs that need to be worked out. Like the list of the following:
- An issue wherein when an additional application to join the free company is sent while waiting for the approval to another free company, a message included in the application to both free companies will be deleted.
- An issue wherein the changes to the off hand under the armoury system, such as equipping a shield, will not be reflected to the preview for dyeing equipments.
- An issue wherein when the furnishings that are placed on the estate ground are painted directly from the furnishing window under the "Housing" menu and the window is re-opened, the color before the paint will be displayed on the color icon of the furnishings.
- An issue wherein the graphics of a certain character that appears in the cutscene of Hildibrand side story quest will be displayed incorrectly.
- An issue wherein the image format of the screenshot cannot be changed on the PlayStation®3 version of the game.
If you want to read a much more detailed patch report, be sure to follow the link below. And remember that the beta for the PS4 version of FFXIV is live so be sure to jump on that as well.