It's been almost four years since Castle Crashers showed up on Xbox Live Arcade being one of the early digital titles that was a big success critically and financially. Two years later, the game was released on the PSN, also being a hit. PC users, however, has been left out in the cold up it was announced today that Castle Crashers is finally coming to Steam.
Although there's no release date for the game yet, Behemoth did list some features for the game:
- Integrated voice chat
- Steam Achievements
- Gamepad support
- Steam Cloud Support
- Local and Online Multiplayer
- Colorful hand drawn 2D visuals!
- Over 30 levels plus five arena modes
- Unlock more than 25 characters and over 40 weapons!
- Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock an arsenal of new attacks as your character progresses through the game.
- Experience system: Level up your character and adjust Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
- Animal orbs: These adorable little companions each add different abilities to aid you on your journey
- Arena mode: Battle other players in free-for-all or team matches with four unique modes to choose from!
- Insane Mode: Test your skills in the ultimate campaign challenge.
Behemoth is going to be showing off the game at gamescom and at PAX Prime 2012.
Source: Behemoth Blog