Whenever you discuss the classic FPS games that came after Wolfenstein, one that will come up is Rise of the Triad. Announced today, the classic game is getting a reboot that's going to be published by Apogee Software and developed by Interceptor Entertainment.
The new Rise of the Triad will included level from the original along with new levels, an update in graphics with the use of the Unreal Engine 3, option to build your own level and mods that can be shared via Valve's Steamworks and a new multiplayer. Returning will be the H.U.N.T.(High-Risk United Nations Taskforce), original game modes, as well as the original soundtrack that's been revamped for the game.
Rise of the Triad will be released later this year for the PC on Steam.
"Rise of the Triad" Rises Again
August 2, 2012 – Dallas, TX - Today at QuakeCon, Apogee Software and Interceptor Entertainment announced the rebirth of the cult-classic first-person shooter, “Rise of the Triad” - vowing to make it bigger, better and more ludicrous than ever before. Powered by the industry-leading Unreal Engine 3 from Epic Games, “Rise of the Triad” includes a full single-player campaign, a fully featured multiplayer experience and so much more.
“We were seeking a strong, independent, hard-working development partner to herald the eagerly-anticipated return of ‘Rise of the Triad’,” said Terry Nagy, co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of Apogee. “We have indeed found that partner in Interceptor Entertainment.”
"Apogee has given us a great opportunity with Rise of the Triad," said Interceptor CEO Frederik Schreiber. "We are all about fast-paced action and this was simply a perfect match for us as fans of old school shooters."
Set for release on PC via Steam late this year, “Rise of the Triad” is packed with features that are sure to melt your face off:
· Step into the shoes of the H.U.N.T. (High-Risk United Nations Taskforce) with five unique characters, each with different play styles.
· Blast through over 20 of levels of explosive single-player action.
· Unique multiplayer maps bring back all the fun and excitement of classic ROTT.
· The full arsenal of over-the top weapons is back, including the Flamewall, Firebomb, Split Missile, Drunk Missile and, of course, the Excalibat!
· The maniacal modes return, too, with God mode, Elasto mode, Mercury mode, Shrooms mode and everyone's favorite, Dog mode!
· Build your own levels, mods and share them with Valve's Steamworks.
· Offline single-player and multiplayer allows for instant action.
· Find tons of secrets, collectables, special events and hidden areas to explore.
· Get more than 100 achievements to add to your score, which is tracked on our worldwide leaderboard and stat-tracking system.
· ROTT is bloodier and more ludicrous than ever, with full character and enemy dismemberment.
· The iconic original soundtrack has been completely re-forged in the fires of heavy metal!
· Nostalgia abounds with the option to play with all the original sounds and music.
· Built on fully-licensed Unreal Engine 3 technology, ROTT will run on low-end PCs and push high-end PCs to their limits!
About Apogee Entertainment, LLC d/b/a Apogee Software
Apogee Software is a privately held Texas company, with a core team of industry experts in game development, publishing, and distribution. Apogee builds franchises around original IP, publishing content for retail and digital distribution on next-generation consoles, the PC, and mobile platforms. Apogee's amazing history includes the original releases of Commander Keen™ (1990), Duke Nukem™ (1991), Wolfenstein 3-D™ (1992), Raptor™ (1993), and Rise of the Triad™ (1994), just to name a few. For more information, please visit www.apogeesoftware.com.
About Interceptor Entertainment, ApS
Interceptor Entertainment is a triple A game development studio based in Herning, Denmark. Established in 2010, Interceptor aims to develop cutting edge games using the latest cross platform game engine technology. They are comprised of employees spread throughout the globe and encourage staff to work from home or with them in Denmark. They believe that personal freedom leads to creative excellence.
About Unreal Engine 3
Developed by Epic Games, the award-winning Unreal Engine is known for its cutting-edge graphics, best-of-breed toolset and scalability across major platforms. Operating on nine platforms, including PC, consoles and mobile devices, Unreal Engine 3 is designed to accelerate developers' productivity for creating high-quality games, applications, training simulations, 3D visualizations, digital films and animated entertainment. Powering hundreds of games and integrated with two dozen leading middleware technologies, Unreal Engine 3 holds more than 20 technology awards, including seven Game Developer Front Line Awards and five Develop Industry Excellence Awards. The Unreal Engine also holds a seat in the Front Line Awards Hall of Fame. Epic recently revealed Unreal Engine 4, which offers unprecedented graphical capabilities and workflow improvements that provide unparalleled accessibility for developers building the next generation of games and applications. For additional information, please visit http://www.unrealengine.com.
Steam, created by Valve Corporation, is the leading platform for PC and Mac games and digital entertainment, serving over 1500 games to over 30 million active users worldwide. For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com.