Nintendo held another Nintendo Direct stream for the Japanese to announce a slew of news regarding games for the 3DS and Wii U:
- The new Smash Bros. game will be developed by internal development team, Project Sora, and Namco Bandai. Project Sora was the team behind Kid Icarus: Uprising, and is headed by Masahiro Sakurai, the series creator.
- Kirby 20th Anniversary collection will have 6 games: Dreamland 1 & 2, Adventure, Super Deluxe, Kirby 3, and Kirby 64 Challenge. There will also be 3 modes for the game.
- Fatal Frame Wii will be released next week in Japan.
- Dragon Quest X will be coming out in August and players will have the first 20 days for free.
- Pokemon Black and White 2 will take place 2 years after the previous games with your rival being the 1st gym leader. There will be more classic Pokemon, tournaments, and battles with old gym leaders.
- A new 3DS, 3DS LL, will be come out with bigger screens and longer battery life. It'll be released in Japan on 7/28 for 18,900 yen.
- Animal Crossing will be coming to the 3DS with you being the mayor of the town. New characters will join the town via StreetPass. The new Animal Cross will be coming in the Fall.
Thanks to Cheesemeister3K for the translation.
We'll update after the English Nintendo Direct stream is over.
Update: Nintendo of America President, Reggie Fils-Aime, hosted the English Nintendo Direct video that had some of the same info from the Japanese video, but also some new info for U.S. gamers:
- 3DS XL is 90% bigger and will be released on 8/19 for $199.99. It'll come in red and blue along with a 4GB SD Card.
- Professor Layton and the Mask of the Miracle will be released in November and will have a DLC puzzle released everyday for a year at no cost.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 will have a shit ton of coins that you can show-off to other players via StreetPass. It'll be available for sale on the eShop as well as retail at the same time. The game will have DLC levels available sometime after the release.
- New Fire Emblem will be coming next year.
- Super Mario Land will be available on the eShop for $2.99 from 6/22-6/24
- 2 new virtual console games will be available every week from 7/5-8/1.
- Pokemon Black and White 2 will be coming out this Fall.