It seems that the dealy bug has yet pushed another game into the 2012 year. This time its fighting game Skullgirls getting pushed back. Autumn Games' made the annoucment on the SkullGirls homepage stating that the delay is due to their "unorthodox gameplay first development approach and willingness to show work in progress." In addition to the statement they also list a few of the improvments that they are make, which are the following:
- Gameplay speed changes – 10% faster!
- Lots of new effects and overall presentation improvements
- Upgraded backgrounds to 3D
- Additional music from Michiru Yamane
- Requested color palettes
- Accidental pause prevention option – hold Start for 15 frames to pause
- PlayStation 3 custom soundtrack option
- Button macros to help when playing on a pad
- Innumerable balance and gameplay tweaks
- In-game art galleries
Even though we all know that a major reason most games are getting pushed back due to the onsalught of triple A titles coming out in the next few months, it's nice to know that the developers of SkullGirls are actually letting fans know what changes they are making instead of just saying the game needs polish.
You miss core gamers yet, Nintendo?
Question of the Month: What your favorite horror game?